Recently I made a jalapeno popper dip that I really enjoyed and I was craving more. This time though I was thinking that making actual jalapeno poppers was the way to go. In theory jalapeno poppers sound pretty easy; just stuff some jalapenos with cheese, bread them and fry them. I have had jalapeno poppers before where the jalapenos were still crispy and barely even cooked and I wanted mine to be soft and fully cooked so I decided to roast them up a bit first. After roasting the jalapenos I removed the loose skin to ensure that it did not interfere with the texture of the poppers. The soft roasted jalapenos were much more difficult to work with but it was well worth the extra effort. The jalapeno poppers turned out great! They were nice and crispy and golden brown on the outside and soft and warm and gooey on the inside with just the right amount of chili heat! I used a combination of cream cheese and cheddar cheese stuffing in the jalapeno poppers and the cheese melted nicely when the poppers were fried. Roasting the jalapeno peppers was the way to go as it added a ton of flavour to the poppers. The only problem was that the poppers disappeared much to quickly and now I need to make some more.
Homemade jalapeno poppers, tender jalapeno peppers stuffed with cheese, coated in breadcrumbs and fried until golden brown and crispy!
- 12 jalapeno poppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- oil for frying
- Roast the jalapeno peppers in a preheated 450F/230C oven until lightly browned on all sides.
- Place in a bowl sealed with plastic wrap and let cool.
- Squeeze the skins off of the peppers.
- Slice a slit down one side of the pepper and scoop out the seeds.
- Mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl.
- Stuff the pepper with the cheese.
- Dredge the peppers in the flour, dip them in the egg and dredge them in the bread crumbs.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Parmesan Crusted Baked Zucchini Sticks with Marinara Sauce
Curried Fried Mushrooms
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Crispy Baked Portobello Mushroom Fries
Jalapeno Popper Dressing
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
Jalapeno Popper Potato Gratin
Cheesy Buffalo Mushroom Poppers
Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers with Balsamic Sweet Chili Sauce
Jalapeno Popper Chorizo Cheesecake
Jalapeno and Cheddar Corn Pancakes with Bacon (aka Jalapeno Popper Pancakes)
Jalapeno Popper Skillet Chicken
Jalapeno Popper Bacon and Bean Soup
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese