Dad loves cheesecake so why not surprise him with a savoury take on cheesecake for dinner this Father’s Day? Jalapeno poppers are one of my favourite foods and they consist of jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese that are coated in breadcrumbs and fried until crispy! Since the poppers are already filled with cream cheese and cheesecakes primary ingredient is cream cheese it only seemed natural to combine the two to make a jalapeno popper cheesecake! But would a savoury cheesecake work? A cheesecake classically has a simple crumb crust and for this one I went with crumbled cheese crackers to start things off nice and cheesy! Next up was the cheesecake batter which is pretty normal with cream cheese, eggs and sour cream along with the cheddar cheese and jalapenos! I wanted this cheesecake to be a nice and satisfying meal so I decided to add some chorizo sausage to the mix! Once the crust and batter are ready you simply bake it like a normal cheesecake and then enjoy it warm from the oven or chilled from the fridge! If your dad loves cheesecakes and poppers then he’ll love this jalapeno popper chorizo cheesecake!
Top with a fried egg with runny yolk!
Jalapeno Popper Chorizo Cheesecake
A savoury jalapeno popper inspired chorizo cheesecake!
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2+ jalapenos, diced
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, before setting aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes before adding the garlic and cooking until fragrant, about a minute, and removing from the heat.
- Press the mixture of the cracker crumbs and butter into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Mix the cream cheese, eggs and sour cream before mixing in the cheddar, chorizo, onion, garlic and jalapenos and pouring into the pan.
- Pour the batter into the spring form pan, wrap the bottom of the pan in foil, place in a larger pan with a small amount of hot water and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until set, about 60 minutes. Enjoy warm or cold!
Option: Add 8 strips worth of cooked and crumbled bacon!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Jalapeno Popper Dressing
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Jalapeno Popper Quiche
Cheese Covered, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Popper Potato Gratin
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Lemon New York Style Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Jalapeno and Cheddar Corn Pancakes with Bacon (aka Jalapeno Popper Pancakes)
Blueberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake
Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins