With all of the fresh strawberries around it was only a matter of time before I started thinking about using them to make some sweet treats and first on my mind was a strawberry cheesecake! Although a fresh, unbaked, strawberry cheesecake is always nice I also enjoy a New York style baked cheesecake and so I made this strawberries and cream cheesecake with pretzel crust. This cheesecake is a pretty basic cheesecake with cream cheese, eggs, sugar, cream and pureed strawberries with the only real difference being that the moisture added by the fresh strawberries increases the baking time a little. Instead of using the standard graham cracker crumb crust I went with a slightly different, savoury, twist with a pretzel crumb crust! This strawberries and cream cheesecake with pretzel crust is so nice and light, creamy and smooth with a blend of sweet and savoury that goes perfectly well with the strawberry flavour!
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust
Al light and summer-y fresh strawberry New York style cheesecake!
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel crumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and pureed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Mix the crumbs, sugar and butter and press into the bottom of a 8-9 inch springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, beat in the eggs, one at a time followed by the sugar, cream, strawberries and lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into the spring form pan, wrap the bottom of the pan in foil, place in a larger pan with a small amount of hot water and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until set, about 90 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit in the closed over for 15 minutes before removing and letting cool at room temperature.
Option: Replace the pretzel crumbs with graham cracker crumbs, vanilla wafer, crumbs, etc.
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes
Lemon New York Style Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake
Jalapeno Popper Chorizo Cheesecake
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel Sauce
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Blueberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake
Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake