With all of the fresh strawberries around it was only a matter of time before I started thinking about using them to make some sweet treats and first on my mind was a strawberry cheesecake! Although a fresh, unbaked, strawberry cheesecake is always nice I also enjoy a New York style baked cheesecake and so I made this strawberries and cream cheesecake with pretzel crust. This cheesecake is a pretty basic cheesecake with cream cheese, eggs, sugar, cream and pureed strawberries with the only real difference being that the moisture added by the fresh strawberries increases the baking time a little. Instead of using the standard graham cracker crumb crust I went with a slightly different, savoury, twist with a pretzel crumb crust! This strawberries and cream cheesecake with pretzel crust is so nice and light, creamy and smooth with a blend of sweet and savoury that goes perfectly well with the strawberry flavour!
Top with strawberry sauce or strawberry jam and/or whipped cream!
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust
Al light and summer-y fresh strawberry New York style cheesecake!
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel crumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and pureed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Mix the crumbs, sugar and butter and press into the bottom of a 8-9 inch springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, beat in the eggs, one at a time followed by the sugar, cream, strawberries and lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into the spring form pan, wrap the bottom of the pan in foil, place in a larger pan with a small amount of hot water and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until set, about 50 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit in the closed over for 15 minutes before removing and letting cool at room temperature.
Option: Replace the pretzel crumbs with graham cracker crumbs, vanilla wafer, crumbs, etc.
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes
Lemon New York Style Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake
Jalapeno Popper Chorizo Cheesecake
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel Sauce
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Blueberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake
Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake
You say to put the pretzel crust into 6-7 inch pan but then say to put the filling into an 8-9 inch pan? I assume the 8-9 inch Lan is right?
We Are Not Martha says
Ahh this looks so incredibly delicious!! And it's such a pretty color, too 🙂
Unknown: That should have been an 8-9 inch pan. Enjoy!
Paige Flamm says
Yum! I need this cheesecake in my life!
looks yummy. Can it be frozen "if" I have leftovers, that is.
Yes, you can freeze it!
Constance Gordon says
Looking to make this on the Fourth of July with blueberries on top. The directions say to bake for 90 minutes but at the top under the title it mentions 50 minutes. I’m thinking the 50 minutes is correct but I just want to confirm.