The final component for my Valentines Day dinner, and arguably the most important part, is the dessert and it is the perfect time to go for something a little more decadent! I am a huge fan of cheesecake and at first I was thinking that a pink strawberry cheesecake was the way to go but then I was thinking that I would absolutely have to include chocolate somehow. A white chocolate strawberry cheesecake would have been nice but I was more in the mood for dark chocolate and I was thinking that dark chocolate is even better with raspberries and that was when I arrived at my final idea for this raspberry and dark chocolate cheesecake. I kept things really simple making a classic cheesecake but then I hid a layer of dark chocolate and fresh raspberries in the middle for a Valentines Day surprise. You can get an even bigger chocolate fix by serving the raspberry cheesecake drizzled with a chocolate sauce.
This slice did not last long!
Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
A cheesecake with a hidden surprise of raspberries and dark chocolate!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter and press into the bottom and up 1 inch along the sides of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and then beat in the sugar followed by the eggs, one at a time, the sour cream and the vanilla extract.
- Pour 1/4 of the mixture into the spring form pan, sprinkle on the raspberries, drizzle with chocolate and cover with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Double wrap the bottom of the spring-from pan with foil, place it in an oven safe pan and pour recently boiled water into the into the pan so that it goes one inch up the foil wrapping.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until there is just a small wobble in the middle when shaken, about an hour.
- Let cool, remove the foil, cover in plastic and place in the fridge over night.
- Serve garnished with fresh raspberries and chocolate drizzle.
Raspberry and Nutella Crepes
Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
Dark Chocolate Souffle Cheesecake
Lemon New York Style Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Japanese Souffle Cheesecake
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel Sauce
White Chocolate Souffle Cheesecake
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Blueberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake
Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake