Last week the farmers market was overflowing with amazing looking strawberries and so this week I planned to take advantage of them. Alas, this week there was not a single strawberry to be found. They had all been replace with a sea of raspberries and cherries. Although I was glad to see the raspberries and cherries, the lack of strawberries kind of tore a hole in my meal plan for the week and in particular for my Sunday breakfast. Not to worry; I was sure that I could come up with a way to use the raspberries that would be worthy of being a Sunday morning breakfast! The first thing that came to mind was one of my favorite stand byes, fruit or berries and chocolate hazelnut spread crepes. In addition to using the luscious raspberries in their natural form I decided to make a simple raspberry sauce, or jam, to go with them. I used the raspberry sauce both spread inside the crepes and drizzled on top to maximum the raspberry experience. The raspberry and chocolate flavour combination is just magical and these crepes certainly made the cut for a Sunday morning breakfast!
Raspberry and Nutella Crepes
- 4 crepes
- 8 tablespoons nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1 cup raspberry sauce
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Spread chocolate hazelnut spread across half of each crepe and raspberry sauce on the other half.
- Sprinkle with raspberries and fold the crepes in half.
- Drizzle raspberry sauce onto the crepes to taste and sprinkle on some more raspberries.
- Place the confectioners sugar in a fine sieve, hold it over the crepes and lightly tap the side to sprinkle the powdered sugar onto the crepes.