St. Patrick’s day is coming up and this weekend I started working on my meal plan. Normally I do not start with the dessert but when I came across this recipe for a Guinness chocolate cheesecake I knew that I would be making it immediately. Last year I made a Guinness chocolate cake and I discovered that the combination of Guinness and chocolate is a wonderful one and I could not resist using it in one of my favourite treats, a cheesecake!
This recipe for the Guinness chocolate cheesecake is a pretty basic chocolate cheesecake recipe with the addition of the Guinness but the similarities stop there. The addition of the Guinness changes the texture and properties of the cheesecake making it more souffle like. Normally you can tell when a cheesecake is done by shaking it a bit and if only the center wiggles it is done but the entire surface of this cheesecake will wiggle the whole time, even after 2 hours of baking. You pretty much just have to trust the recipe and the results are certainly worth it!
The Guinness chocolate cheesecake is a moist one as might be expected with all of the extra liquid provided by the Guinness but it is also nice and light and creamy. This cheesecake has a texture that seems to be like a cross between a souffle and fudge and it is simply amazing! The Guinness flavour is very subtle but it seems to enhance the overall chocolate flavour which is quite welcome. In all honesty, this cheese cake does not need any garnishes but feel free to top it with some Bailey’s whipped cream if you like.
Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake
One of the most decadent and creamy chocolate cheesecakes around with a hit of Guinness to enhance the chocolate flavour.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Guinness
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, sugar, and butter and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the cream in a double boiler.
- Cream the cream cheese.
- Mix in the sugar, chocolate, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and Guinness.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 60 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Chill the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.
Guinness Chocolate Cake
Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
Molten Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Pots de Creme
Guinness Chocolate Pudding
Guinness Chocolate Syrup
Bacon Guinness Chocolate Pancakes with a Frothy Whipped Cream Head and Guinness Chocolate Syrup
Chocolate Red Velvet Cheesecake for Two
Dark Chocolate Souffle Cheesecake
Raspberry White Chocolate Lava Cakes
Dark Chocolate Lava Cakes
Lemon New York Style Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Japanese Souffle Cheesecake
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel Sauce
Butter Tart Cheesecake
White Chocolate Souffle Cheesecake
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Blueberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake
Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Flourless Chocolate Almond Cake
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake