Chocolate cake is always a favourite, especially for Valentine’s Day! There are many different kinds of chocolate cake and recently I have been particularly enjoying flourless chocolate cakes like this one which uses almond flour rather than regular flour. This chocolate cake is light and super moist! It’s also really easy to make starting out by melting chocolate into butter followed my mixing in the egg yolks, sugar and almond flower. The egg whites are whipped before being folded into the batter and this adds a nice lightness to the cake! All that’s left is to bake the cake and wait for it to cool a bit before digging in! This cake is amazing all by itself and you can also top it with whipped cream or even ice cream!
Flourless Chocolate Almond Cake
A moist and fudgy flourless chocolate almond cake!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 7 ounces (200g) bittersweet (or semisweet or dark chocolate) chips or chopped
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup almond flour/ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and let cool.
- Mix half of the sugar into the egg yolks and mix in the cooled butter-chocolate mixture.
- Mix in the almond flour and salt.
- Beat the egg whites and the remaining sugar until they form soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate batter and pour into a greased 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Caramel Soaked Almond Cake
Lemon Almond Cake
Dark Chocolate Souffle Cheesecake
Chocolate Stout Cake
Ultimate Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Dark Chocolate Lava Cakes
Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Red Velvet Cheesecake for Two
I love desserts made with ground almonds/almond flour. This looks easy enough to get the kids to do. Thanks.
Paige Cassandra Flamm says
This looks amazing! I want to try making it for my sisters who are gluten free!
I just made this and it is so so good! But I baked mine in a muffin pan so I won’t have to deal with cutting it. Super yummy! I will be making it again. Thank you so much for the recipe
Farida Banu says
Nice chocolate cake with almond flour Wow! will try soon.
I am thrilled to find this flourless cake on Closet Cooking! I never was a big fan before, of this type of cake, but since being diagnosed as a diabetic, these recipes make it easy to stay on track and still have sweets. I substitute sugar replacements (such as Swerve or Allulose) for the white sugar in the recipe, and it cuts the carbs down to 10g carbs for a serving; which is pretty good! It also cuts 64 calories off per serving. I don’t think it gets any better than that!! Thank you for a delicious, flexible recipe!
Madhava Missack says
Thank you sharing this amazing recipe, will surely give it a try.