I was looking at some recipes for Mother’s Day and I started with dessert! This caramel soaked almond cake is decadently divine and perfect for any special occasion. It’s a super simple almond cake recipe that uses half almond flour and half all-purpose flour and it replaces half of the sugar with caramel sauce! The combination of butter, almond flour and caramel sauce helps keep the cake nice and moist while still being light and fluffy! Almonds are sprinkled on for a crunchy topping and when the cake is pulled out of the oven more caramel sauce is poured over the top to soak into the cake while it cools! The cake can be finished of with a pinch of flaked salt, because, who doesn’t love an salted caramel?
I sometimes like to make this cake with dulce de leche instead of caramel sauce.
Caramel Soaked Almond Cake
A light and moist almond cake, soaked with caramel sauce!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (or dulce de leche)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almonds slices or slivers
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (or dulce de leche), melted
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked salt (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar, mix in the caramel sauce, and beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix flours, baking powder and salt before mixing into the wet ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch baking pan and sprinkle on the almonds before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick pushed into the centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- When you remove the cake from the oven, pierce it many times with a thin knife or large toothpick, pour on the caramel sauce and let it soak in while the cake cools. Optionally sprinkle on some flaked salt fop a salted caramel version!
Lemon Almond Cake
Carrot Cake with Dulce de Leche Cream Cheese Frosting
Pecan Pie Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel Sauce
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple Crisp Pizza with Caramel Sauce
Apple Cinnamon Spiral Bread with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Turtle Bread
Banana Upside Down Cake with Chocolate Chips
Sticky Toffee Pudding
Flourless Chocolate Almond Cake