Thick and creamy homemade caramel sauce is one of the most amazingly divine treats and it’s super easy to make! You simply melt some sugar in a pan and simmer it until it starts to turn a nice amber colour before adding some cream and butter and optionally some flavours like vanilla or salt. After letting it cool a bit you are ready to go to use the caramel sauce on whatever you like from simply with apples to on melting vanilla ice cream to apple pies, etc. (Take a look below the recipe to find some ideas about what you can use it on!) The caramel sauce will keep in the fridge for months and it makes for a great present for the holidays! That is if you can bring yourself to part with it! My precious!
The recipe easily doubles, triples, etc; so make a lot of it! 🙂
Velvety smooth, melt in your mouth homemade caramel sauce that is so easy to make!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (optional)
- Mix the sugar and water in a large sauce pan, bring to a boil over medium heat and let simmer until it turns an amber colour.
- Carefully pour in the heavy cream, stir the mixture until it is smooth and simmering until any lumps have melted.
- Stir in the butter and salt, remove from heat, allow to cool for a few minutes and stir in the vanilla extract.
Rolo Cheesecake Bars
Apple Crisp Pizza with Caramel Sauce
Vanilla Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Apple, Cheddar and Bacon Fritters in Caramel Sauce
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cinnamon Role Pancakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal
Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfait with Gingersnap Pecan Streusel
Apple Crumble Quinoa Parfait
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Buns with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Caramel Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich (with Bacon)
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Turtle Bread
Chocolate Turtle Cookies
Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
Apple Cinnamon Spiral Bread with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Caramel Apple Crumble Cheesecake Dip
Grilled Pineapple and Banana Sundays with Caramel Sauce and Cashews
Carrot Cake with Dulce de Leche Cream Cheese Frosting
Caramel Soaked Almond Cake