Alright, enough with the boring side dishes already! It’s time for the good stuff, the dessert. The dessert is easily the most anticipated part of the Thanksgiving meal and I like to go all out for it. I could not believe that I did not have any pumpkin in my Thanksgiving dinner yet so a pumpkin pie cheesecake seemed like the perfect choice. I could not resist using a gingersnap snap crust as the ginger and pumpkin flavour combo is an amazing one. I then took things a step further and covered the cheesecake with some home made caramel sauce . One of the things that I like about a cheesecake is that you can easily make it the day before so you can lighten the load for an already large meal. In fact it is best to let the cheesecake cool completely and then let it chill out in the fridge overnight so it really should be made a day ahead. This pumpkin pie cheesecake was the perfect end to my Thanksgiving dinner!
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix the gingersnap cookie crumbs, sugar, ginger and butter and press into the bottom and up 1 inch along the sides of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake the crust in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 5 minuters and set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time followed by the sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla and then the spices.
- Pour the mixture into the spring form pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until it is set, about 60-70 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Chill the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Turtle Bread
White Chocolate Cheesecake
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Buns with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake Gingersnap Streusel Bars
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Pumpkin Chai Latte
Lemon New York Style Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Japanese Souffle Cheesecake
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel Sauce
Butter Tart Cheesecake
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Blueberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake
Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake