Pumpkins are in season and really cheap right now so I have a few of them on hand just waiting to be used. When I recently came across this recipe for a pumpkin caramel cheesecake bread on Culinary Concoctions by Peabody I knew exactly what I would be using one of those pumpkins for. How could I resist making this? With pumpkin, caramel and cheesecake all rolled up into one there was no way that I could. I pretty much just used the recipe as it was, though I cut back on some of the sugar and replaced half of the flour with whole wheat flour. One of the things that I really like about quick breads is that they are so easy to make. You pretty much just mix all of the ingredients and then bake it. This quick bread had the added step of mixing the cheesecake filling but it was still really easy to make. While the bread was baking my apartment was filled with an amazing pumpkin and caramel aroma and by the time that it was done I could barley wait for it to cool to try it. The pumpkin caramel cheesecake turtle bread was so good! The cheesecake layer helped keep the bread nice and moist and it went really well in the bread. The caramel and pumpkin flavour combo was simply amazing and of course it never hurts to add chocolate and pecans. I certainly am looking forward to having this for breakfasts this week!
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Turtle Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup (or corn syrup)
- 2 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce
- 1 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- Mix the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the pumpkin, vanilla, oil, eggs and sugars in another bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, syrup, caramel, egg and flour in a bowl.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread mixture into a loaf pan followed by the caramel cheesecake mixture and the remaining pumpkin bread mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Let cool and then pour on the caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and pecans.
Cheesecake Stuffed Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping and Caramel Sauce
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pecans and White Chocolate Chips
Maple Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Cranberry Turtle Bars
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Buns with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Rolo Cheesecake Bars
Caramel Soaked Almond Cake