I have a friend that is completely addicted to everything Rolo and you really can’t blame him with all of that chocolatly and caramelly goodness. One example on this addiction is the fact that if you were to look in his freezer at any given time you would find about a half a dozen containers of Rolo ice cream. When I came across these Rolo cheesecke bars on Bakers Royale a while ago I thought of my friend and pinned the recipe to make the next time we met up. I recently got the chance to make the Rolo cheesecake bars for my friend and they were a huge success with him and everyone else that tried them! These Rolo cheesecake bars are decadently good with a graham cracker crumb crust and a cheesecake layer sweetened in part with caramel sauce that is stuffed with mini Rolos and finally topped with a chocolate layer that has a caramel wave pattern. The only problem that I have now is that every time I meetup with my friend, he asks me where his Rolo cheesecake bars are.
Rolo Cheesecake Bars
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:45 minutes Total Time:55 minutes Servings: 12
Decadent cheesecake bars filled with mini Rolos and topped with a layer of dark chocolate and caramel.
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup mini Rolos
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
For the crust:
For the cheesecake:
For the chocolate ganache:
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter and press them into the bottom of a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until lightly golden brown, about 8-10 minutes and set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese, mix in the caramel sauce followed by the sugar, the egg, the vanilla extract and finally the mini Rolos and pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheesecake is set, about 30-35 minutes, set aside and let cool.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler, mixing until smooth and pour the chocolate over the cheesecake.
- Place the caramel sauce in the corner of a small bag, cut a small hole in the corner and slowly squeeze out the caramel creating lines across the chocolate.