The holiday baking season is here and I have been thinking about what to bake and these pecan pie brownies are definitely on the list! The basic idea here is the combination of 2 already amazing treats, brownies and pecan pie, into one even better treat! I start with my favourite brownie recipe that is prebaked a little before topping it with a pecan pie layer and baking to completion. The pecan pie layer is also precooked on the stove top so that it sets faster in the oven! All said an done these pecan pie brownies are really easy to make and take less than 50 minutes. Pecan pie brownies are the perfect treat any time and especially nice for your holiday cookie platter!
Pecan Pie Brownies
Fudgy brownies topped with pecan pie!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable or coconut)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (or corn syrup)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
For the brownie layer
For the pecan pie layer:
- Mix the butter, oil and sugars before beating in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt before mixing into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased (optionally foil or parchment paper lined), 9×13 inch baking pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top looks like it’s starting to set and still jiggles a little, about 15 minutes, before pulling out of the oven.
- Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, eggs, vanilla and pecans in a saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring, until it thickens, about 5 minutes, before pouring over the prebaked brownies in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the pecan layer is set, but still jiggles a bit, about 20 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
For the brownie layer:
For the pecan pie layer:
For the bars:
Ultimate Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
Rolo Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
Green Tea White Chocolate Brownies
Mayan Orange Brownies
Cranberry Bliss Bars
Pecan Pie Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel Sauce
Maple Pecan Pie
Slow Cooker Pecan Pie
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
Medjool Date Pecan Pie
Peach and Maple Sour Cream Pecan Pie
Pecan Pie Muffins