Cookies and cream is a fabulous flavour combination! The easiest way to get this combo is in cookies with a layer of cream sandwiched between 2 layers of chocolate cookie and you can chop these cookies and add them to other things, like ice cream, cheesecake, etc. One of my favourite ways to enjoy them is in blondies, which are basically brownies without the chocolate in the batter. (Blondie batter is basically the same as chocolate chip cookie batter, so they are basically giant chocolate chip cookies in bar form!) These blondies have chopped cookies and chopped cookies and cream bars mixed into them for even more cookies and cream flavours. I like to use the chopped cookies and cream bars in these but another great alternative is a combination of white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips! Cookies n cream bars are amazing any time of the year and they are always a welcome addition to your holiday cookie plater!
Cookies and Cream Blondies
All of the flavours of cookies and cream in amazing bars with huge chunks of cookies and chocolate!
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or cookies n cream candy bars, chopped)
- Mix the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, followed by the eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet before gently mixing in the cookies and chocolate.
- Place the batter in a greased (or parchment lined) 8×13 inch baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top looks just set, but still jiggles a little, about 18-22 minutes, before pulling out of the oven and letting it cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
Option: Add a half teaspoon of coarse salt for a ‘salted’ version.