It seems that the pumpkin and squash marathon continues. While I was enjoying my pumpkin pie pancakes I thought that a pumpkin bread would also be a good idea. It started off as a pretty basic pumpkin bread but then I thought that it would be nice if I added some dried cranberries. The next thing I knew I was also adding some toasted pecans and white chocolate chips. The fully loaded pumpkin bread turned out really well. It was nice and light and moist and good. The pumpkin flavour came through well and the spices finished it off with an amazing aroma. Unfortunately the white chocolate chips seem to have melted into the bread. Next time I will have to use chucks of white chocolate bar instead. For even more pumpkiny goodness I spread some pumpkin butter on a slice of the pumpkin bread. I am looking forward to breakfasts this week!
Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pecans and White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, oil and yogurt in another bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry mixtures.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, cranberries and pecans.
- Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a tooth pick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Turtle Bread
Sweet Potato Bread with Praline Sauce
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Curried Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Banana Bread
Medjool Date and Walnut Bread
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Buns with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread