It’s pumpkin spice latte (aka PSL) season and the other day while I was enjoying a cup along with a slice of pumpkin bread I thought, why not combine the two and make a pumpkin spice latte bread? The basic idea was a pumpkin quick bread with both pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices along with a hint of coffee flavour for the latte part. The coffee flavour comes from espresso powder, I like to make my own, and and it’s easy to just throw it into the recipe with the other ingredients. Everything was set for the pumpkin spice latte quick bread but I had chocolate on my mind and I just couldn’t resist adding a
lot of chocolate chips to the bread! Oh wow! The pumpkin, the spice, the coffee, along with the chocolate chips, what an amazing flavour combination! I have been enjoying eating this chocolate chip pumpkin spice latte bread for breakfasts and for snacks all week!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread
A moist and tender PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) bread filled with chocolate chips!
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or coconut)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, espresso powder and salt before mixing in the mixture of the pumpkin puree, egg, oil, sugars and milk followed by the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a grease loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and enjoy!
Option: Replace oil with melted butter.
Option: Add nuts!
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Pumpkin Chai Latte
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Pumpkin Bread with Dried Cranberries, Toasted Pecans and White Chocolate Chips
Banana Upside Down Cake with Chocolate Chips
Caramel Apple Bread
Gingerbread Loaf with Lemon Icing
Blueberry Lemon Loaf