Zucchini is still everywhere and one really nice way to enjoy some is in a zucchini bread . Although my favourite zucchini bread is a blueberry zucchini bread , every once in a while I like to indulge and go for a dark chocolate chip zucchini bread. Even though I was going with the chocolate chips, I wanted the rest of the zucchini bread to be as healthy as possible so I tweaked my recipe a little, cutting back on the fats and sugars while adding whole wheat flour and using 0% Greek yogurt along with bananas and the zucchini to keep the bread nice and light, moist and tender. One of the best things about a quick bread like this is that it literally only needs about 5-10 minutes of effort and then you just have to patiently wait for it to bake. I like to make a loaf of bread on the weekend and then have a slice for breakfasts during the week and this bread definitely lasts all week and with a few seconds in the microwave it is just as light moist and fluffy as the first day! What a great way to enjoy some zucchini!
Just look at all f those wonderful flecks of colour in there! I used a combination of green zucchini and yellow summer squash to get both colours into the loaf.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
A healthier light, moist and tender zucchini banana bread with whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt along with a generous helping of chocolate chips.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup zucchini, grated, squeezed and drained
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional, or 1 cup blueberries)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix brown sugar, bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, yogurt, zucchini and chocolate chips in another large bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown and a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Zucchini Bread with Roasted Red Peppers and Feta
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
Sesame Chia Banana Bread with Honey and Tahini
Lemon Zucchini Bread
Caramel Apple Bread
Gingerbread Loaf with Lemon Icing