Zucchini adds an amazing moistness to baked goods and helps keep them tender; it’s the perfect addition to brownies! Yes, you heard that right! Zucchini brownies! Yum! These double chocolate zucchini brownies, containing both cocoa powder and chocolate chips, are so easy to make! You simply mix the wet ingredients (zucchini, oil and sugar) with the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder and baking soda) along with some chocolate chips, and bake! These double chocolate zucchini brownies are a great treat to make, many times, this summer! And since they have zucchini in them, they’re healthy… right?
What a great way to enjoy some zucchini this summer!
(You might even be able to sneak some zucchini by those that do not normally eat it! : )
Moist and tender double chocolate brownies with a hidden secret ingredient, zucchini!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (do not squeeze out extra moisture)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix the zucchini, sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the mixture of the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Mix 1 cup of the chocolate chips into the batter and pour it into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan. (Optionally lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.)
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
Ultimate Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
Mayan Orange Brownies
Green Tea White Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
Lemon Zucchini Bread
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Zucchini Bread with Roasted Red Peppers and Feta
Zucchini Cheese Bread
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Greek Yogurt Banana Bread