Zucchini is one of my favourite summer foods and there are so many ways to enjoy it! It’s great in savoury dishes as well as sweet and one of the easiest ways to enjoy it is in this lemon zucchini bread which just screams summer-y goodness! This zucchini loadf is so easy to make and it’s nice and light, moist and tender! You simply grate up some zucchini and mix it into a cake bater and bake it. It takes a while to bake but it keeps well so it’s nice to make on the weekend to enjoy during the week. I like to serve this lemon zucchini bread either for breakfast or as a treat or a dessert and the addition of lemon is simply divine! The combination of the zucchini, oil and yogurt helps keep this quick bread nice and moist as well as light and it’s a great way to sneak in some veggies for those that are vegetable adverse! I could not think of a better way to enjoy summers bounty other than this lemon zucchini bread!
Enjoy it warm from the oven slathered with melting butter!
Lemon Zucchini Bread
A bright and summer-y lemon zucchini bread that is so nice and light and moist!
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated, squeezed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 large egg
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered/confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix the zucchini, sugar, oil, yogurt, egg, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix into the mixture of the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt before pouring into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top is golden brown and a toothpick pushed into the centre comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes.
- Mix enough powdered sugar to make a thick glaze and drizzle on the loaf.
Option: Replace lemons with limes!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Zucchini Bread with Roasted Red Peppers and Feta
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
Sesame Chia Banana Bread with Honey and Tahini
Blueberry Zucchini Pancakes
Honey Lemon Zucchini Pancakes
Caramel Apple Bread
Gingerbread Loaf with Lemon Icing