Fresh homemade pancakes are one of my favourite breakfasts and I am currently crushing on these moist and fluffy blueberry zucchini pancakes! Pancakes could not be easier to make! You simply mix all of the ingredients into a batter and cook them in a pan until lightly golden brown. I have added zucchini, lemon zest and blueberries to these pancakes to give them a fresh hit of summers flavours and they are simply divine! The zucchini helps keep the pancakes nice and moist and the blueberries and lemon zest add plenty of flavour! I like to top these blueberry zucchini pancakes with maple syrup and butter making them one really amazing summer breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Blueberry Zucchini Pancakes
Light, fluffy and moist zucchini pancakes stuffed with blueberries!
- 1 cup all purpose flour (rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1 cup zucchini, grated or shredded and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or oil)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or honey or maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Lightly mix everything.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, optionally with a bit of oil or butter, add 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter and cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, about 1-2 minutes, before flipping and cooking until the bottom is lightly golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat until done.
Option: Add cooked quinoa!
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes
Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
Black Forest Pancakes
Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Poppy Seed Pancakes
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes (with Caramel Sauce)
Fresh Corn Pancakes
Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
Pesto Zucchini Fritters with Caprese Bruschetta Topping
Greek Style Zucchini Fritters with Tzatziki
Kolokythokeftedes (Zucchini and Feta Balls)
Lemon Zucchini Bread
Honey Lemon Zucchini Pancakes
Japanese Souffle Pancakes with Lemon Curd and Blueberries
Sausage Apple Pancakes with Apple Cider Syrup