The last time that I made cornbread I tried serving it with maple syrup and it reminded me of pancakes. My next thought of course was, why not try cornmeal pancakes? With all of the fresh local blueberries available right now blueberry pancakes are often on my mind and I figured that it was the perfect time to try some blueberry cornmeal pancakes. The blueberry cornmeal pancakes came together quickly and easily and they turned out great! They were nice and golden brown on the outside and light and fluffy and filled with blueberry goodness on the inside. Blueberries and maple syrup are a great combo and I could not resist drowning these blueberry pancakes in maple syrup and topping them with a dab of melting butter to finish them off. I really enjoyed the texture that the cornmeal added to the pancakes and I am definitely going to be making cornmeal pancakes again.
Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the buttermilk, eggs and butter in another bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients making sure to not over mix.
- Mix in the blue berries.
- Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and heat until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
Cottage Cheese Cornbread
Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Muffins with Pecan Streusel
Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes
Seven Layer Dip Cornmeal Pancakes
Blueberry Zucchini Pancakes
Honey Lemon Zucchini Pancakes
Jalapeno and Cheddar Corn Pancakes with Bacon (aka Jalapeno Popper Pancakes)