Today I have a banana bread to share with you, a tropical themed banana bread with coconut and pineapple. This recipe is a pretty standard banana bread with the addition of crushed pineapple and shredded coconut. Instead of using vegetable oil or butter, this recipe uses coconut oil which only adds to the coconut flavour and aroma! The combination of the bananas, coconut and pineapple is simply amazing and I also enjoy the addition of maple to the flavour combo so half of the sugar is replaced with maple syrup. This banana bread is so moist and tender and good all by itself but why not use the juices from the crushed pineapple to made a frosting and sprinkle on some more coconut?
Coconut Pineapple Banana Bread
A moist tropical banana bread with coconut and pineapple!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (or vegetable oil or butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or sugar)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or sugar)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed (~1 cup)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup powdered/confectioners/icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the melted coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, eggs, bananas and crushed pineapple.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture before mixing in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from the pan.
- Mix the powdered sugar and pineapple juice, pour it over the bread and sprinkle on the shredded coconut.
- Let the icing set before slicing and enjoy!
Option: Add 1 teaspoon lemon zest to the icing!
Tip: Adding more powdered sugar to the icing will allow it to set more solidly.
Curried Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Banana Bread
Strawberry Sour Cream Bread
Sweet Potato Bread with Praline Sauce
Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
Curried Pineapple Banana Bread (Siamese Loaf)
Bananas Foster Pancakes
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Sesame Chia Banana Bread with Honey and Tahini
Caramel Apple Bread
Blueberry Lemon Loaf
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Lemon Zucchini Bread
Coconut Lime White Chocolate Chip Cookies
a nice flavor tweak to the same old banana bread, thank you, had never thought of adding coconut and pineapple before!
Sule McGowan says
Looks delicious! I love coconut.
Breath-taking one!! Keep up the Good work