Chocolate and peanut are one of my favourite flavour combinations, especially for breakfast in the form of this chocolate chip peanut butter banana bread! This is quick bread, which means no kneading, and it’s super easy to make, you simply mix the ingredients and bake! Bananas are really nice in quick breads adding moisture, sweetness and the banana flavour and aroma which goes amazingly well with peanut and chocolate! Speaking of the peanut and chocolate flavours, they come in the form of peanut butter and chocolate chips! I like to make these loaves on the weekend for quick weekday breakfasts (or desserts or treats) and they are easy enough to make on weeknights so they are perfect for busy school/workdays!
Top with melting butter!
I like dark chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips are also amazing!
This chocolate chip peanut butter banana bread is a back to school breakfast that will have your family up early in the mornings!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
The magical flavour combination of peanut butter, chocolate and bananas combined in a quick bread that is so easy to make!
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix the bananas, butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla extract before mixing in the mixture of the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before slicing and enjoying!
Option: Replace some or all of the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, toffee chips, etc.
Soft and Chewy Banana Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks and Bacon
Curried Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Banana Bread
Strawberry Sour Cream Bread
Sweet Potato Bread with Praline Sauce
Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
Curried Pineapple Banana Bread (Siamese Loaf)
Bananas Foster Pancakes
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Sesame Chia Banana Bread with Honey and Tahini
Caramel Apple Bread
Blueberry Lemon Loaf
The Best Peanut Butter Cookies
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
Chocolate Chip Cookies