I recently made a batch of one of my favourite after work (or after school) treats, peanut butter cookies, and I could not resist taking some photos so that I could update this recipe! Peanut butter cookies are a classic for good reason, that peanut flavour is simply magical, especially in the form of a ‘melts in your mouth’ cookie! These cookies are so easy to make! You mix the wet ingredients, which includes peanut butter, and the dry ingredients separately before mixing them together, forming balls and flattening them with forks in a criss-cross pattern and baking. These peanut butter cookies get nice and crispy along the edges and they are soft and chewy in the middle, simply perfect! They take so little time to make that you can easily make a batch of these when you get home from work or bake a large batch on the weekend to enjoy during the week! (If they last that long!)
The cookies will spread out a little when baked so you don’t need to press them down with a fork too much.
The perfect back to school treat!
Make them even better by topping them with jelly!
Peanut Butter Cookies
Classic peanut putter cookies! So simple and easy to make and yet so addictively good!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Mix in the egg followed the vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt before mixing it into the wet mixture.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of dough, roll it into a ball, and place it on a silicon mat (or parchment paper) lined baking sheet before pressing it down with a fork in both directions.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven, on the middle shelf until the bottoms are just lightly golden brown (the tops may look a little uncooked), about 8-12 minutes, before removing them from the oven and letting them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft and Chewy Banana Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks and Bacon
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Aussie Bite Copycat
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread