I am a huge fan of peanut butter cookies so when I came across these 4 ingredient dark chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies on pinterest I had to make them right away! The 3 ingredients for the cookies are peanut butter, dates, and eggs with the dark chocolate for the dip being the fourth ingredient. I was super curious to see how they would turn out! They are so easy to make, you simply puree the peanut butter and dates until smooth and add the eggs, for into cookie and bake before, optionally, dipping in the melted dark chocolate. As far as peanut butter cookies go, these 4 ingredient dark chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies are really good! The date sweetener is very nice, combo-ing so well with the peanut butter and the chocolate! They are also healthier than regular peanut butter cookies so I will be making these peanut butter and date cookies a lot!
4 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Super quick and easy 3 ingredient peanut butter and date cookies dipped in melted dark chocolate!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dates, pits removed
- 1 egg
- 3.5 ounces (100g) dark chocolate, chips or chopped
- Puree the peanut butter and dates in a food processor until there are no large lumps before adding the egg and pulsing to combine.
- Form 1-2 inch balls of dough, place them on a parchment or silicon mat lined baking sheet and press down with a fork criss-cross to flatten them to 1/4 inch thick discs.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 8-10 minutes, just before the bottoms start to change colour, before removing from the oven to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes and transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the cookies in before letting the chocolate cool and set.
Note: Melt the chocolate in a bowl in a microwave, 30 seconds at a time until the chocolate has melted. OR Heat an inch of water in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat until the water simmers, reduce the heat to medium-low and place the chocolate, in a large bowl, on top of the simmering water in the sauce pan until the chocolate has melted.
Option: Sprinkle chopped nuts onto the still melted chocolate.
Traditional Peanut Butter Cookies
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Aussie Bite Copycat
Dark Chocolate and Cherry Aussie Bites
These sound so appealing. What kind of dates? It’s wonderful to be able to avoid cane sugar.
You can use either the generic dates that you find in the baking section of a grocery store or pit some dates like mejool dates. Enjoy!
Vicky R says
Wow! Do those sound good!