I often find myself pickling up a package of Aussie Bites when I’m at Costco but it’s easy to make you own with this Aussie Bite copycat recipe! The other day I was testing a new flavour combo in them, with dried cherries and min dark chocolate chips, that was so good that I had to share it! Cherry and chocolate is a magical flavour combo and it work perfectly in these tasty treats that take almost no effort at all to make! The recipe is pretty much the same as the original with the dried apricots and raisins being replaced with the dried cherries and mini dark chocolate chips! This recipe is really as simple as pulsing the ingredients a few times in a food processor before mixing and baking in a mini muffin pan! Make a batch on the weekend to have them on hand during the week for your snacking delight!
Dark Chocolate and Cherry Aussie Bites
Two-bite cherry and dark chocolate chip treats inspired by the Aussie bite Costco snacks that are so easy to make!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Pulse the rolled oats in a food processor until fine, almost flour like.
- Add the cherries and pulse until they are small pieces.
- Add the rolled oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, quinoa, flax seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds, salt and baking soda and pulse a few times to combine well.
- Mix in the butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla, and 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips place in mini muffin pans and bake in a 350F/180C oven until they JUST start to turn a light golden brown on the edges, about 8-10 minutes, before removing them from the oven to cool completely in the pans before removing and enjoying!
Option: Replace the honey with maple syrup.
Option: Replace the honey with liquid sweetener of choice for vegan.
Option: Replace the coconut oil with vegetable oil.
Aussie Bite Copycat
4 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Broccoli and Cheddar Quinoa Bites
Peanut Butter Cookies
Pecan Pie Muffins
Chocolate Cherry Balsamic Goat Cheese Shortbread
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Balsamic Roasted Cherry, Dark Chocolate and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Roast Cherry Dark Chocolate Brownie Sundaes
Here’s a basic question…is the quinoa raw or cooked?
The quinoa is raw/un-cooked. Enjoy!
Thanks Kevin! Also – just noticing that 1 cup of rolled oats is listed twice. Is that a typo?
Never mind….I read the instructions more carefully! First cup is pulsed, 2nd cut is put in as-is. Makes sense to me now!
Dave C says
Bonus – Gluten free! Always a big plus at my house, because I have gluten intolerant peeps here. 🙂 Thanks for yet another great recipe!