The broccoli and cheddar flavour combo is a great one and this time I use it in some bites sized quinoa cakes. Often when I do something like these I will make them more like a fritter and fry them in oil but it’s also fun to bake them in mini muffin pans and it keeps them a little lighter. These broccoli and cheddar quinoa bites could not be easier to make, you simply cook the quinoa, mix all of the ingredients and bake! Not only are they tasty but they are also pretty healthy and kid friendly so the next time you are looking for something to snack on put down the bag of chips and grab some broccoli and cheddar quinoa cakes.
I served the broccoli and cheddar quinoa bites with a simple homemade honey dijon dressing for dipping.
Broccoli and Cheddar Quinoa Bites
Baked broccoli and cheddar quinoa bites that make a great light, tasty and healthy snack.
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer until tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes and let cool.
- Mix everything, spoon into mini muffin pans and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until lightly golden brown on top, about 15-20 minutes.
Option: Add 1 cup rinsed white beans.
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Fritters
Quinoa Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Pesto, Goat Cheese and a Poached Egg
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa
Roasted Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust
Roasted Broccoli, Ham and Cheddar Grilled Cheese
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
Aussie Bite Copycat
Dark Chocolate and Cherry Aussie Bites