I have been dreaming of making these jalapeno popper inspired corn fritters for a while now and with the fresh local corn finally here it was time to make them! The basic idea is to take a corn fritter and add all of the flavours of jalapeno poppers including plenty of jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon. The recipe for these corn fritters could not be easier, you simply mix everything, form patties and fry in oil until golden brown and crispy. Even though these fritters are tasty enough to
inhale all by themselves I wanted to serve them with a sauce for pouring over them or for dipping them into. For a long time I was not sure exactly what kind of sauce I wanted but when I had the idea for the jalapeno popper dressing I knew that it would be perfect! Two times the jalapeno popper goodness in one meal!
Cue the jalapeno popper dressing smothering!
These jalapeno popper corn fritters can only get better by adding some avocado and even more bacon to the mix! 🙂
And of course some more jalapeno popper dressing! Yum!
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Crispy golden brown sweet corn fritters with all of the flavours of jalapeno poppers including jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon.
- 2 cups corn (~4 ears)
- 1/2 cup flour* (or corn flour, or rice flour, etc)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2+ jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander, toasted and ground
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Mix the corn, flour, egg, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon, paprika, coriander, green onion, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, form into 1/4 cup patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Option: Top with jalapeno popper dressing.
Texmex Style Corn Fritters
Thai Style Corn Fritters with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Cheese Covered, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Apple, Cheddar and Bacon Fritters in Caramel Sauce
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Jalapeno Popper Potato Gratin
Cheesy Buffalo Mushroom Poppers
Jalapeno Popper Chorizo Cheesecake
Avocado and Cheddar Corn Cakes
Jalapeno and Cheddar Corn Pancakes with Bacon (aka Jalapeno Popper Pancakes)
Jalapeno Popper Skillet Chicken
Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins
Mexican Street Corn Fritters