Moist and tender cheddar and jalapeno cornbread muffins stuffed with melted cream cheese and crispy bacon! All of the flavours of jalapeno poppers in cornbread muffins! Yum!
I am always in for moist and tender, freshly baked, cornbread muffins and if you throw in some cheese and jalapenos things get even better! This is a pretty basic cornbread recipe using a mixture of cornmeal and flour, butter milk, butter, and honey which is super light, moist and tender. I make these muffins all the time and they are oh so good when slathered with melting butter and runny honey! But, then I throw in some of the ingredients from jalapeno poppers like, jalapenos for spicy heat, cheddar cheese and cream cheese along with crispy bacon! The jalapenos, cheddar and bacon are just mixed in with the batter where as the cream cheese is placed in the center as a solid piece that just bursts in your mouth when you bit into it! These jalapeno popper cornbread muffins are best fresh from the oven and they are great at room temperature and easy to reheat.
Just look at all of that melted cream cheese in the center!
Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins
Jalapeno and cheddar cornbread muffins stuffed with cream cheese and bacon!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (omit for vegetarian)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- Mix the buttermilk, butter, eggs and honey and mix in the mixture of the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, until just combined, before mixing in the cheddar, bacon and jalapeno peppers.
- Fill half of each hole in a greased, regular sized, 12 muffin, muffin pan, with the batter, top with the cream cheese, followed by the remaining batter and optionally a slice of jalapeno.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
Cottage Cheese Cornbread
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Jalapeno Popper Chorizo Cheesecake
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
Jalapeno Popper Potato Gratin
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
Jalapeno and Cheddar Corn Pancakes with Bacon (aka Jalapeno Popper Pancakes)