Are you ready for this chocolate cherry balsamic goat cheese shortbread? The flavour combination might sound a little strange for a cookie but it’s absolutely amazing! I often combine two or three of these flavours in different recipes and this shortbread brings them all together in a magical experience for your mouth! Shortbread generally consists butter, sugar and flour and for this shortbread I started out by replacing half of the butter with goat cheese. Next up was the balsamic flavour which I introduced by reducing a balsamic vinegar by half to make a balsamic reduction which concentrates its flavour. I added the chocolate in two ways, by replacing some of the flour with cocoa powder and I added nice large chunks of dark chocolate. The final piece of these creamy cookies is the dried cherries which further enhance that sweet, savoury and tart combo! These chocolate cherry balsamic goat cheese shortbread are sure to be the talk of your holiday cookie platter this year!
Chocolate Cherry Balsamic Goat Cheese Shortbread
Decadent, melt in your mouth buttery chocolate shortbread with dark chocolate and dried cherries along with a hint of goat cheese and balsamic vinegar!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (8 ounces) goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar reduction
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Cream the butter, goat cheese and sugar before mixing in the balsamic reduction.
- Mix the flour, powder and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture into the butter and goat cheese mixture until just combined and mix in the dried cherries and chocolate.
- Form into the desire shape, about 1/4 inch thick, place them on a parchment lined baking pan and bake in a preheated 325F/170C oven until they just start to turn lightly golden brown on the bottom, about 10-15 minutes.
Balsamic Roasted Cherry, Dark Chocolate and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Dark Chocolate Shortbread with Fleur de Sel
Orange Cookies Dipped in Chocolate
Stilton and Rosemary Shortbread
Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies
Bacon Maple Shortbread
Almond Crescent Cookies
Maple Pecan Shortbread
Gorgonzola and Pistachio Shortbread
Peppermint Triple Chocolate Shortbread
Peppermint Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Roast Cherry Dark Chocolate Brownie Sundaes