Are you looking for one more holiday cookie idea? I’ve got you covered with these amazing peppermint chocolate chocolate chip cookies! These cookies are essentially chocolate chip cookies with added cocoa powder to make the cookies themselves chocolaty and the addition of festive crushed crunchy peppermint candy canes! Of course this recipe is super easy to make where you just need to mix the dry ingredients, mix the wet ingredients, mix them together along with the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes and bake them until they are nice and crispy on the bottom but still soft and chewy on the inside! You really can’t go wrong by spending a few minutes to make these peppermint chocolate chocolate chip cookies for the holidays this year!
Peppermint Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chocolate chip cookies filled with festive crushed peppermint candy canes!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy cane
- Cream the butter and sugars and then mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and then mix it into the wet ingredients followed by the chocolate chips and crushed candy cane.
- Form 1-2 tablespoon balls of dough and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the bottoms are lightly golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peppermint Triple Chocolate Shortbread
Peppermint Candy Cane and White Chocolate Chip Scones
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Cherry Balsamic Goat Cheese Shortbread
Lemon Curd White Chocolate Chip Cookies
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peppermint Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar
Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake