With all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays I try to make sure that I don’t forget about breakfast and these peppermint candy cane and white chocolate chip scones are the perfect breakfast for the holidays! Scones are super easy to make, especially with a food processor, you simply mix all of the dry ingredients, add the chilled butter and process until it forms small grains (or cut in the butter by hand), gently mix in the wet ingredients, form the dough into the shape that you want and then bake it. The key to good scones is to not over mix once you add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. For these scones you add festive crushed peppermint candy canes and white chocolate chips and the aroma as they are baking is absolutely divine! The peppermint candy cane pieces and white chocolate chips in the light and fluffy scones is simply amazing! These peppermint candy cane and white chocolate chip scones are a complete pleasure for any holiday breakfast!
When you bake these you will find it very difficult to not devour them all straight from the oven!
These scones are so nice and light and fluffy and melt in your mouth good!
Peppermint Candy Cane and White Chocolate Chip Scones
Light and fluffy scones with crushed peppermint candy canes and white chocolate chips!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, separately
- 1/2 cup candy canes, crushed
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a food processor or bowl.
- Add the butter and process until it forms small grains or cut the butter into the flour mixture by hand.
- Place the butter and flour mixture into a bowl and gently mix in the mixture of the milk, one egg, candy canes and white chocolate chips until just mixed before transferring to a floured surface and kneading gently until it forms a ball.
- Shape and cut the scones as desired and place on a parchment lined baking pan and brush the tops with the second egg.
- Bake in preheated 375F/190C oven until they rise and turn a light golden brown, about 10-15 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dill Buttermilk Biscuits
Sour Cream and Chive Biscuits
Buttermilk Biscuits with Cheddar and Dill
Peppermint Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peppermint Triple Chocolate Shortbread
Lemon Poppy Seed Ricotta Scones with Strawberry Sauce
White Chocolate Lava Cakes
Peppermint Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar
Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake