There’s still plenty of time for some more holiday baking and you really can’t go wrong with buttery shortbread, especially not chocolate shortbread! Shortbread is supper easy to make, it’s pretty much just butter, powdered sugar and flour and from there you can add whatever you want and in this case it’s plenty of chocolate and crushed peppermint candy canes. From the basic shortbread recipe these cookies have cocoa powder to make the shortbread itself chocolaty and then there is chocolate chips and finally they are dipped into melted white chocolate! That’s three kinds of chocolate in one cookie! After the cookies are dipped into the white chocolate, while it’s still melted, you sprinkle on crushed peppermint candy cane to give it that festive holiday touch! These peppermint triple chocolate shortbread cookies are the perfect holiday cookies!
Peppermint Triple Chocolate Shortbread
Chocolate, chocolate chip shortbread dipped into white chocolate and crushed peppermint candy cane!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup peppermint candy cane, crushed
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Mix the flour and the salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until it starts forming larger clumps.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
- Form the dough into the shape that you want, wrap it in plastic and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut the log into 1/4 inch thick slices and place them on a parchment lined baking pan with one inch of space between them.
- Bake in a preheated 325F/170C oven until they just start to turn lightly golden brown on top, about 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Dip the cookies into the chocolate and place on a sheet of parchment paper sprinkle on the crushed peppermint candy cane and let cool until the chocolate sets.
Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies
Orange Cookies Dipped in Chocolate
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peppermint Candy Cane and White Chocolate Chip Scones
Dark Chocolate Shortbread with Fleur de Sel
Bacon Maple Shortbread
Peppermint Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Cherry Balsamic Goat Cheese Shortbread
Chocolate Orange Rosemary Shortbread
Peppermint Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar
Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake
You're right, you can't go wrong with a chocolatey buttery shortbread cookie!
Bring on that buttery shortbread! Especially when it's dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with candy cane crumbles – I love it! 🙂
Heather Christo says
These look so wonderful!!!
Bella B says
Short bread is so good, I love that you added peppermint such a great touch!