Chocolate chip cookies are always a favourite and I am particularly fond of white chocolate chip cookies. I like basic white chocolate chip cookies and it’s fun to add flavours like macadamia nuts and for these cookies it’s coconut and lime! White chocolate, coconut and lime is an amazing flavour combination that works really well in cookie form! This is a pretty basic chocolate chip cookie recipe with white chocolate chips, shredded coconut and lime zest for the flavours. It takes very little time to make these cookies so you can enjoy them freshly baked whenever you want!
Coconut Lime White Chocolate Chip Cookies
White chocolate chip cookies with lime and coconut!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Cream the butter and sugar before beating in the egg followed by the lime zest and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture before gently folding the chocolate chips and coconut.
- Scoop the dough, 1-2 tablespoons, at a time, form into balls and place them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat, 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until they just start to turn lightly golden brown along the edges, 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool the rest of the way.
Option: Add chopped macadamia nuts.
Note: Cook time assumes 2 batches of about 10 minute bakes.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peppermint Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coconut Pineapple Banana Bread
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
Lemon Curd White Chocolate Chip Cookies