As much as I like chocolate chip cookies, I probably make these butter pecan cookies just as often! They are a pretty simple cookie, with all of the usual ingredients, including plenty of pecans and enough butter to make them melt in your mouth delicious! The butter is added to the cookies melted and I sometimes like to brown it which adds a nice nuttiness to the flavour. After baking they are nice and crispy on the bottom and the edges and moist, chewy and tender on the inside! The perfect cookie!
Two different batches, the one on the left with melted butter and the one on the right with browned butter.
Four different batches, the one on the left with melted butter and the one on the right with browned butter, the second row including butterscotch chips!
Optionally sprinkle on a bit of salt!
Melt in your mouth goodness!
Butter Pecan Cookies
Melt in your mouth buttery pecan cookies that are so easy to make!
- 1 cup (1/2 pound, 2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and let cool a bit
- 1 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- Mix the sugars into the melted mutter followed by the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet before folding in the pecans and chilling in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Form the dough into 1-2 tablespoon balls (or scoops), place on a parchment paper (or silicon mat) lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart from each other. (Optionally press pecan halves on top of the balls.)
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until they just start to brown on the bottom, about 10 minutes, remove from the oven and let sit on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooking rack to finish cooling.
Option: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, add the chopped pecans and ‘toast’ in the butter instead of just toasting them!
Option: Add 1-2 tablespoons caramel sauce to the wet ingredients!
Option: Add 1 cup butterscotch chips along with the pecans!
Option: Form the dough into balls and roll them in coarse grained sugar!
Option: Sprinkle some large flake salt!
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Chocolate Chunk and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Apricot and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Pumpkin White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fudgy Rolo Brownie Cookies
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft and Chewy Banana Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks and Bacon
Peppermint Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Maple Pecan Shortbread
Chocolate and Pecan Butter Tarts
Maple Bourbon Bacon and Pecan Butter Tarts
Pecan Pie Muffins
Pecan Pie Cheesecake with Pecan Caramel Sauce