With all of the staying at home lately I’ve been doing more baking and I though that I would take the opportunity to update the photos for one of my favourite cookie recipes that I recently made, snickerdoodles. Snickerdoodles are basically a sugar cookie where the dough is formed into a ball and pressed into a mixture of sugar and cinnamon before being baked. The result is a soft and chewy cookie that has a coating of crispy sugar and cinnamon that melts into your mouth! Yum! Pure bliss! These cookies are super easy to make where you mix the wet ingredients, mix the dry ingredients, mix the wet into the dry and then form the balls, roll them in the sugar and cinnamon and bake. In less than 30 minutes you can be enjoying a still warm batch of freshly made snickerdoodles!
Sugar cookies rolled in cinnamon and sugar that are oh so simple and yet oh so good!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter and sugar and then beat in the egg followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Form the dough into balls 1 inch across, roll them into a mixture of the sugar and cinnamon and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375F/190C oven for 8-10 minutes.