Peanut butter cookies are classic for good reason and they are one of my favourite cookies! It’s hard to beat a melt in your mouth soft and chewy peanut butter cookie! One of the great things about the basic peanut butter cookie is that you can easily change things up! Like the peanut butter and banana flavour combo? Why not add some banana to your peanut butter cookies? Love peanut and chocolate together? Add some chocolate! Enamoured with the peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich, aka The Elvis? Why not a cookie version? This is it, the ultimate peanut butter cookie with bananas, chocolate, honey roasted peanuts and bacon!! These soft and chewy banana peanut butter cookies with chocolate chunks and bacon are just as easy to make as the original and so much better! I mean, bacon in cookies? Peanut butter cookies even? Yum!
Alright, alright, enough with all of the questions and exclamations; I’ll leave you with some more photos and the recipe! (Ok, that was the last one…)
Soft and Chewy Banana Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks and Bacon
Soft and chewy peanut butter and banana cookies with chunks of chocolate and crispy bacon!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup very/over ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks/chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts (optional)
- Cream the butter, sugar, banana and peanut butter and mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix the mixture into the wet ingredients followed by the chocolate, bacon and peanuts.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of dough (optionally rolling it into a ball) and place it on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet (optionally pressing it down with a fork).
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven on the middle shelf until the bottoms are just lightly golden brown (the tops may look a little uncooked), about 8-12 minutes, before removing them from the oven and letting them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Apricot and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Pizza