Peanut butter cookies are a classic for good reason and they are one of my favourites so they almost always make an appearance on my holiday cookie platter! Although the basic peanut butter cookie is great I can’t help but think about adding chocolate and so I often make them with the addition of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (I prefer chocolate chunks because you get larger hits of chocolate in each bite). In addition to adding chocolate chunks I also like to add honey roasted peanuts to get that crunchy peanut texture. Normally you press peanut cookies down with a fork to get that classic cross hatch top but I like to just plop the dough down on the baking pan with an ice cream scoop! Yes, I’m lazy! No, not really, these cookies do not spread a lot so when you don’t press them down you get nice and thick cookies that get crispy on the edges with a thick layer of chewy, almost cookie dough like, centre! I know that I like eating cookie dough by the spoonful so it’s really nice biting into that crispy edged cookie with the soft chewy centre! Mmmmm… Cookie monster want more!
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Thick and chewy, peanut butter-y cookies that are nice and crispy on the edges but soft in the centre and packed full of chocolate chunks and honey roasted peanuts!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup honey roasted peanuts
- Cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Mix in the egg followed the vanilla.
- Mix in the mixture of the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in the chocolate and peanuts.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of dough (optionally rolling it into a ball) and place it on a silicon mat or parchment paper baking sheet (optionally pressing it down with a fork).
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven on the middle shelf until the bottoms are just lightly golden brown (the tops may look a little uncooked), about 8-12 minutes, before removing them from the oven and letting them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Note: When you do not press the peanut butter cookies down with a fork they remain nice and thick and the centres come out nice and chewy, almost like cookie dough!
Note: The cook time represents baking in two batches.
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Apricot and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Pizza
Overnight Oatmeal – 8 Ways!
Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft and Chewy Banana Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks and Bacon
Ultimate Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
4 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars