Banana bread is a treat that I like to make fairly often and there are a lot of different ways to enjoy it! One of my favourite banana breads is a caramel version which uses caramel sauce as a sweetener and I typically make it over the holidays since I am making plenty of caramel sauce then! This caramel banana bread recipe is a slight modification of my favourite banana bread recipe that replaces some of the sugar with homemade caramel sauce! I like to make the caramel sauce ahead of time and that makes this recipe super simple and easy to make, it’s just a matter of mixing the wet ingredients together, mixing the dry ingredients, before mixing the dry into the wet and baking in a loaf pan! Since I like caramel sauce so much, I pour even more caramel sauce over the baked bread, and a pinch of salt brightens things up a bit as well!
Caramel Banana Bread
Moist banana bread sweetened with caramel sauce and covered with even more caramel sauce!
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (optional)
- Mix the bananas, butter, brown sugar, caramel sauce, sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract before mixing in the mixture of the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before pouring the caramel sauce over it and slicing! Enjoy with melted butter and even more caramel sauce!
Option: Add 1 teaspoon coarse salt to the banana bread and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt on top[ of the caramel drizzle for a salted caramel version!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Curried Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Banana Bread
Strawberry Sour Cream Bread
Sweet Potato Bread with Praline Sauce
Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
Curried Pineapple Banana Bread (Siamese Loaf)
Bananas Foster Pancakes
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Sesame Chia Banana Bread with Honey and Tahini
Caramel Apple Bread
Blueberry Lemon Loaf
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
YOU GOOFED BIG TIME
Tried to get recipe fo the crispy phyllo wrapped baked feta with honey and the banana caramel recipe pops up!!
Waiting for the recipe to match the picture. Baked feta in particular!
Debra Vodhanel says
Still looking for the Crispy Phyllo wrapped honey and feta bites…..not really interested in the recipe that came up, caramel banana bread. Where is the recipe for the bites?
Here is the recipe for the Crispy Phyllo Wrapped Baked Feta with Honey:
Michael L Defibaugh says
The directions mention cinammon, but not in the ingredients. I’m guessing a teaspoon or so, right?
The cinnamon was for another version of this recipe that I was testing. I generally do not add the cinnamon when making this bread, but a hint of it is a nice addition!