I am obsessed with jalapeno poppers! There is just something that is completely irresistible about the combination of spicy jalapenos and hot meted cheese, and things only get better when you throw in some chicken and bacon! Jalapeno popper dip is a great way to enjoy all of the flavours of jalapeno poppers in dip form but what about for dinner? How about a jalapeno popper chicken casserole? This casserole is basically just chicken and jalapenos mixed into a cream cheese and topped with cheddar cheese and baked until bubbling and golden brown! Sour cream, mayo, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and parmesan cheese all add flavour to the cream cheese base making it so delicious! You really can’t go wrong adding a sprinkling of bacon to finish things off! Who says you can’t have jalapeno poppers for dinner? This chicken jalapeno popper casserole is the perfect way to!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
All of the flavours of jalapeno poppers in a quick and easy chicken casserole for dinner!
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 sup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces jalapenos, sliced or diced
- 1 cup mozzarella (or monterey jack)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Mix the chicken into the mixture of the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper, jalapenos, mozzarella and parmesan and place into an 8 inch square baking pan before sprinkling on the cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted, turned a light golden brown and the sides are bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Option: Use whole, uncooked, boneless and skinless chicken breasts of thighs and bake 40 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Jalapeno Popper Dressing
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
Cheese Covered, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Jalapeno Popper Potato Gratin
Jalapeno Popper Skillet Chicken
Jalapeno Popper Bacon and Bean Soup
Chicken Cordon Bleu Quinoa Casserole
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken
Baked Chicken Santa Fe
Pico de Gallo Chicken
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese