Today I have a fun and tasty recipe for you, a cajun chicken alfredo pasta inspired dish in dip form! That’s right, all of the flavours of a cajun chicken alfredo pasta in a hot melted cheese style dip that is great for snacking on while watching the game! This dip starts out by making a simple alfredo sauce with butter, garlic, cream, cajun seasoning along with plenty of parmesan cheese which is then combined with the dips base of cream cheese and mozzarella and the chicken. I like add broccoli, which I also enjoy adding to the pasta dish, and the vegetable makes it healthier and I then can feel OK about having the dip as a meal! 🙂 Everything is then baked until the cheese is all ooey, gooey, melted and good! Perfect for scooping with garlic rubbed crostini or chips! This cajun chicken alfredo dip is amazing for munching on while watching the game, snacking on at a party or having for a fun family dinner!
These are so fun when baked in individual serving sized dishes! Dinner!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip
Cajun seasoned chicken alfredo in a hot melted dip that’s effect for scooping with chips or crusty bread while watching the game, or for dinner tonight!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour (rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (or 1 cup ricotta)
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded or diced
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked and diced (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, add the garlic and flour and cook until it turns a light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, before adding the cream, parmesan and cajun seasoning, bringing to a boil reducing the heat and simmering until it thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the cream cheese, chicken, broccoli and mozzarella, transfer to a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the sides are bubbling and the top is lightly golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Chicken Parmesan Dip
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Meatball Parmesan Dip
Shrimp Scampi Dip
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip
Hot Cheesy Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Hot Sweet Onion Dip
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Dip
French Onion Soup Dip
Hot Cheesy Roasted Brussels Sprout Dip
Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Cheese Dip
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
BBQ Chicken Dip
Cajun Chicken Carbonara
We Are Not Martha says
Would it be bad if I ate an entire bowl of this for dinner? It looks awesome!
Diana Lopes says
Damn, these photos just made my mouth water. I can't wait to try this dip myself. Must be delicious!!
This looks absolutely delicious! My only concern is that it will not turn out as "yummy" when I try it myself in my kitchen…
Kathy Hunter says
This is my new favorite appetizer, wowsa! I only had 2% milk and used less cream cheese, so it was probably a little more juicy. But seriously fabulous. Thanks for the recipe!