When I was looking for crab recipes I came across the concept of a hot crab dip and since I had some left over crab I decided to try making one. I found a bunch of recipes but none of them felt just right so I took what I liked from each of them and ended up with this one. I don’t think you can go wrong with a base of cream cheese and sour cream. Add a bunch of of cheese and it only gets better. I really couldn’t make a dip without some green so I added some spinach and green onions. Of course we cannot forget the star of the show, the crab. The dipped turned out to be really amazing! It was nice and warm and gooey and creamy and tasty. The crab added that extra bit of flavour and a texture that just sent it over the edge. I will definitely be making this again!
Hot Cheesy Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup baby spinach (packed)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- chili sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 parmigiano reggiano (grated)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (grated)
- 1/2 cup cheddar (grated)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 1 cup crab (chopped)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the white wine and spinach and heat until the spinach wilts, about 1-2 minutes.
- Process the spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, chili sauce, salt and pepper in a food processor until nice and mixed.
- Mix everything, place the mixture into a baking dish bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until bubbling and golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
Hot Sweet Onion Dip
Hot Corn Dip
Htipiti (Greek Feta Cheese Dip)
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus
Shrimp Scampi Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Egg Muffins
Avocado Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip
Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Cheese Dip
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Salad