Over the last week I had been enjoying the leftover corned beef in the form of reuben sandwiches . I made sure to save one serving of the corned beef for the weekend because there was one more recipe that I wanted to try with it. I had come across a recipe for a reuben dip a while ago and I just knew that I would have to make it. It has all of the great flavours of a reuben sandwich in the form of a dip! I tweaked the recipe a bit and added some cream cheese as it the base of all of my favorite hot cheesy dips. I also decided to serve it with some toasted rye bread which was the one component of a reuben sandwich that was missing. The reuben dip was amazingly good! It was nice and warm and ooey and gooey and stringy and addictively tasty. I have never seen a bowl of dip disappear so quickly! I ran out of toasted rye before the dip and the dip was eagerly finished off with a spoon. I will definitely be making this again.
A hot cheese based dip with all of the flavours of a reuben sandwich with corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese and Russian dressing. Serve with toasted dark rye for dipping to complete the reuben sandwich flavours.
- 1/2 cup cooked corned beef, diced or shredded
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut, squeezed and drained
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Russian dressing
- Mix everything, place it in a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.