Cool dishes, like pasta salad, are nice on hot summer days and this spinach and artichoke pasta salad is an amazing option! Spinach and artichoke is a fabulous flavour combination that I often enjoy as a dip, either hot or cool, and it also works well in a pasta salad! This pasta salad is inspired by the flavours of a spinach and artichoke dip and it is super easy to make! The base of the salad is the pasta which is cooked, drained and cooled before being used. The stars of the show are of course the spinach and artichokes and the dressing is a combination of mayonnaise and sour cream, along with a hit of lemon juice and plenty of parmesan cheese! This spinach and artichoke pasta salad is great just like this and sometimes I like to change it up by adding extras like a pinch of cayenne pepper or crispy bacon, or sun-dried tomatoes, etc. Any way you make it, you really can’t go wrong with this spinach and artichoke pasta salad this summer!
Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Salad
A cool and creamy spinach and artichoke pasta salad that’s perfect for summer!
- 1 pound pasta (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered or coarsely chopped
- 5 ounces baby spinach (optionally coarsely chopped)
- 1/3 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced (optional)
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package, drain, mix with olive oil and let cool, mixing every 5 minutes. (The oil and mixing helps prevent it from sticking together while it cools.)
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is cool, mix everything and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge for later!
Option: Add fresh basil.
Option: Add sliced roasted red peppers.
Option: Add a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes or a few dashes of hot sauce to the dressing.
Option: Add cooked chicken!
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Mediterranean Tortellini Pasta Salad
Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Hot Cheesy Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Tortellini Soup
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pasta
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Egg Muffins
Avocado Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken
BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
Hawaiian Pasta Salad
Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad