It’s time for a quick and easy one-pan chicken recipe, spinach and artichoke stuffed chicken! Yes, that’s right, chicken stuffed with spinach and artichoke dip! Spinach and artichoke dip is one of my all time favourite foods and it’s always fun to serve it for dinner! This skillet stuffed chicken recipe is so nice and quick and easy! You simply mix the spinach, artichokes along with three kinds of cheese, stuff it into some lean chicken breasts, cook them in a skillet until nice and golden brown and you’re all ready for a hot spinach dip heaven on your plate for dinner experience! I like to make a full sized spinach and artichoke dip recipe even though it’s way more than you need to stuff the chicken and I use the extra to make a creamy spinach and artichoke skillet sauce to serve on the stuffed chicken! I would be remiss to point out that you have the opportunity to wrap this spinach and artichoke stuffed chicken in bacon!
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Spinach and artichoke dip stuffed chicken in a creamy spinach and artichoke dip sauce!
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts, butterflied or pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces spinach, thawed or wilted, squeezed of excess liquid and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, top with 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture of the spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, salt, pepper and cayenne and wrap the chicken around the filling optionally pinning it closed with toothpicks or tying them up in twine. (Note: Reserve the extra filling.)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and brown, about 4-6 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic sand cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan by scraping any brown bits off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon before mixing in the remaining spinach and artichoke filling, adding the chicken and cooking until it thickens a bit, about 8-10 minutes.
Option: Wrap the stuffed chicken breast in bacon!!!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, Asparagus and Pistachio Pesto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Balsamic Drizzle and Basil
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pasta
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Tortellini Soup
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Apricot Glazed Bacon Wrapped Cajun Pork Tenderloin
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Egg Muffins
Avocado Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken