I have been a little obsessed with Thai style dishes with peanut in them ever since I came across them and here is a new recipe, a thai peanut chicken saute, that is both super tasty and quick and easy! You just need to cook some chicken and make the peanut sauce which consists of a base of red curry paste, peanut butter and coconut milk. The peanut sauce is seasoned with the perfect balance of sweet, salty, tart and spicy with the toasted palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and chili sauce! I like to add veggies like red peppers and peas to this thai peanut chicken skillet and serving it over a bed of rice, quinoa, pasta, etc. makes for a perfect 30 minute, one-pan weeknight meal!
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
A quick and easy, one-pan Thai peanut chicken dish that is just packed with flavour!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce such as sriracha (or to taste)
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, season the chicken with salt and pepper, add the chicken to the pan and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the pepper to the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the red curry paste to the pan and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the coconut milk. peanut butter, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chili sauce and cook, stirring, until the peanut butter has melted.
- Add the chicken, peas and cilantro, remove from heat and enjoy!
Option: Marinate the chicken, chicken satay style, for even more flavour!
Thai Peanut Sauce
Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Crispy Baked Thai Peanut Sauce Coated Chicken
Spicy Peanut Sauce Pad Thai
Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Satay Salad in Spicy Peanut Dressing
Thai Chicken Pizza with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Spicy Peanut Chicken Rice Bowl
Spicy Peanut Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich (aka The Chicken Satay Melt)
Spicy Peanut Chicken Quesadillas
Thai Spicy Peanut Chicken Enchiladas
Spicy Peanut Chicken Tacos
Thai Chicken ‘Mole’
Chicken Satay Quesadillas with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Chicken Satay Burgers
Thai Peanut Pumpkin Turkey Curry
Roasted Cauliflower Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Rustic Roasted Garlic Chicken with Asiago Gravy
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Rice with Roast Garlic
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Thai Lemongrass Chicken and Avocado Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
Skillet Chicken Satay
Thai Peanut Chicken Buddha Bowls
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie
Slow Cooker Thai Basil Chicken Curry
Thai Grilled Steak Salad
Lemongrass Grilled Chicken