I have been trying to make some room in my freezer lately and in doing so I have been coming across all sorts of interesting things that I had forgotten about. Most recently I found some panang curry paste which is essentially a red curry paste with peanuts in it. The first thing that I think of when I think of the panang curry paste is always the spicy peanut sauce which I think I may be addicted to. With the warm weather that we have been having the last few days I was thinking about summery food and I figured that the easiest way that I could get my spicy peanut sauce fix was to make a simple chicken satay and serve it with the dipping sauce. I am a huge fan of skewered grilled meat and this chicken satay is no exception! It is super simple to make, only needing a bit of marinating time and then you just throw it on the grill. The chicken came out nice and tender and light and fresh and it was packed full of flavour! Now I am looking forward to grilling season even more. Time to go see what else I can find in my freezer.
Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds (toasted and ground)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (toasted and ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (ground)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (peeled & chopped)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (grated)
- 1 tablespoon galangal (or ginger, grated)
- 1 birds eye chili (sliced)
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound chicken (cut into thin strips)
- * wooden skewers (soaked in cold water for 30 minutes)
- 1/4 cup peanut sauce
- Mix the coriander, cumin, turmeric, lemongrass, shallot, garlic, galangal, chili, lime, fish sauce sugar and oil.
- Marinate the chicken in the marinade in the fridge for 1 hour to over night.
- Skewer the chicken and grill it until cooked and slightly charred, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with peanut dipping sauce.
Chicken Satay Quesadillas with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Thai Grilled Chicken Satay Salad
Spicy Peanut Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich (aka The Chicken Satay Melt)
Spicy Peanut Chicken Rice Bowl
Moroccan Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Roasted Cauliflower Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Moo Satay (Pork Satay) with Curried Peanut Sauce
Thai Chicken Pizza with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Thai Peanut Turkey Burger
Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Shrimp Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Thai Chicken ‘Mole’
Grilled Lemongrass Chicken
Chicken Satay Burgers
Spicy Peanut Chicken Quesadillas
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Pesto Grilled Chicken, Zucchini and Tomato Skewers
Thai Lemongrass Chicken and Avocado Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
Skillet Chicken Satay
Thai Peanut Chicken Buddha Bowls