While I was enjoying experimenting with the Thai spicy peanut sauce last week I realized that it reminded me a lot of a Mexican mole sauce and that thought gave me an idea. Why not a Thai spicy peanut sauce chicken ‘mole’? And with that, this super easy and tasty Thai chicken ‘mole’ recipe was born. This recipe is as simple as simmering the chicken in the peanut sauce and some chicken stock until cooked and then garnishing it in some melted jack and cheddar cheese, chopped peanuts and cilantro. Despite being so simple, this chicken mole is really good! You really can’t go wrong when you start off with an amazing spicy peanut sauce and cooking the chicken in it like this resulted in some of the moistest and juiciest chicken that I have ever had. I served the Thai chicken mole with some cilantro and lime rice where I replaced the water with coconut milk to make a coconut cilantro and lime rice.
Thai Chicken ‘Mole’
- 1 cup Thai spicy peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 (6 ounce) chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 handful roasted peanuts (chopped)
- 1 birds eye chili (sliced)
- Mix the peanut sauce and chicken stock in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the chicken, cover in the sauce and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese onto the chicken, cover and cook until it melts, a few minutes.
- Serve garnished with fresh chopped cilantro, peanuts and chilies.
Grilled Chicken with Mole Sauce
Thai Spicy Peanut Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Chicken Satay Quesadillas with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Thai Grilled Chicken Satay Salad
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Baked Chicken Santa Fe
Thai Lemongrass Chicken and Avocado Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Thai Peanut Chicken Buddha Bowls