With a fresh batch of mole sauce ready the only question was what to use it on or with and a quick, easy and tasty option is smothered on chicken! This is barely a recipe, I mean you pretty much just pour the tasty mole sauce over some cooked chicken and you have an amazing meal! Drumsticks are usually economical and they are fantastic when you roast them until the skin is nice and crispy and then you just pour on the mole sauce! Another option is to poach some boneless and skinless chicken breasts in a mixture of the mole sauce and chicken broth which results in a super moist and tender chicken. I like to garnish the chicken mole with fresh onions, cilantro and sesame seeds or chopped peanuts.
Serve with Mexican rice!
Quick and easy roast chicken smothered in a tasty mole sauce!
- 1 pound chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mole sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Pat the chicken dry, season with salt and pepper to taste and roast in a preheated 450F/230C oven until ligtly golden brown and cooke through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve chicken somthered in the mole sauce and optionally garnished with the onion, sesame seeds and cilantro.
Option: Feel free to just get a cooked rotisserie chicken, divide it and pour on the mole sauce!
Option: Grill the chicken!