After making the chicken satay burgers earlier in the week I had some of the spicy peanut sauce leftover and I was just itching to use it in something new. The spicy peanut sauce along with the sweet chili sauce have to be two of my favourite condiments and I have found that in a lot of cases that where one works in a dish then the other can just as well. Since I was still thinking about the sweet chili chicken quesadilla from not too long ago, it was only natural that I thought about trying a spicy peanut chicken quesadilla next. These quesadillas are dead easy to throw together and you simply need tortillas, some leftover chicken and plenty of cheese to go along with the peanut sauce. After throwing the quesadillas together they only need a few minutes on the heat to grill them up until the cheese melts and they turn a nice light golden brown. It is hard to believe that in less than 15 minutes you can be enjoying bliss on a plate!
Spicy Peanut Chicken Quesadillas
A chicken quesadilla with a spicy Thai style peanut sauce and plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese.
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup warm, cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons spicy peanut sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, torn
- Place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, then top with the chicken, peanut sauce, green onion and cilantro and finally the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half covering the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve garnished with more peanut sauce, chopped peanuts, green onions and cilantro.
Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadilla
Spicy Peanut Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Spicy Peanut Chicken Pizza
Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Spicy Peanut Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich (aka The Chicken Satay Melt)
Bacon Jam and Guacamole Quesadilla with Fried Egg with Bacon Jam Vinaigrette Drizzle
Spicy Peanut Chicken Rice Bowl
Spicy Peanut Chicken Tacos
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken Sweet Potato Boats
Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
Chimichurri Steak Quesadillas with Avocado Chimichurri